fredag 16. januar 2015

Ten things I'm gonna miss when I leave

1. The Tae-Kwon Do Club
I always looked forward to sessions. I'm not perfect; I can't twist my leg enough to get a perfect side kick or do my press ups without standing on my knees, but finally mastering Saju Jirugi number 1 and 2, that gave me a much needed confident boost. I am going to miss all my friends from the club, and going out with them on Fridays. Somehow, it does help to know that they will miss me too.

2. The Hiking Club
The members are all so helpful, and by joining the club, I got to travel a lot more than I would have on my own. Okey, so I didn't get to Cardiff or any other large towns, but I got to see amazing sceneries. I also learned how to dress properly for hiking in bad weather. If I ever come back to Wales, it will probably be to go hiking in Snowdonia again.

3. School
Even though they demanded more from me here than back home in Norway, I feel like that was a good thing. I got to use when I had learned from Statistics, and learned how to write a really good report. We also had a few practicals where we actually went outside.

4. Having my own room
I love living with you, honey, but sharing 14 m2 with your boyfriend can be a bit crowded. Especially when you share the rest of the house with another 7 people. Having 20 m2 all by myself, and NOT living in a basement, that feels like heaven. I've never had a room this big before!

5. Speaking English on an everyday basis
I don't feel like I have gotten a lot better, but I have gotten more confident using it. Okey, so sometimes I forget a word, and I keep saying "cantina" instead of "cantine" (thank you, Star Wars), and pronounce Tae-Kwon Do like Tai-kvon-dough, but people know what I'm trying to say. Pronounciation is important, but no-one's gonna hang me for not getting it perfect.

6. Welsh cakes
Oh god, I'm gonna miss welsh cakes. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/welshcakes_67264 But I'll make them myself when I get home.

7. Living litterally 3 minutes away from Uni
From my bed to the nearest lecture hall. It's been great. Now I'm back to waking up at 6:30.

8. Spending money in the cantine
Usually, I keep thinking "No. No. You are not gonna buy that Danish. You're a strong, independent woman who can save your money and use it on proper food." Here, I have to buy the overly expensive food in the cantine, no guilt! At the moment, I have 65 pounds left on my card, which I have to use before the 21st. I've drunk a lot of smoothies lately.
  Even better, I don't have to cook the food myself (even though I like cooking, but it still takes quite a lot of time).


9. Spending money on take-away
I have never really done that before! I have ordered pizzas, but then I have picked them up myself. Since the cantine is closed for dinner in the weekends, I have ordered take-away a couple of times. I'm gonna miss the garlic nan-bread from Shilam.


10. And finally: all my friends

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar